Witchcraft is not a religion; it’s a way of living. Some of the simplest acts can become a daily ritual to honor the Divine, the Goddess and the Earth. It may be difficult to find the spiritual nature in your everyday life but it’s impossible.
One thing is to try to look at the positive side of things. This can really help! Instead of saying “I hate this job!”, say something like “This job may not be ideal but it pays the bills.” Saying thank you, rather than always apologising is another way to change your thought patterns to positive ones. Changing the way you view the world can be a spiritually moving experience!
Try to take at least 5 minutes a day to have sacred time for yourself.
The following is a list of my suggestions:
- Be grateful.
- Make an offering everyday to the Divine.
- Ask permission before picking flowers or herbs.
- When you take something from the earth, give something in return.
- Do morning and/or evening meditations.
- Do morning and evening prayers and sayings of thanks.
- Work on arts and crafts
- Listen to classical or contemporary Pagan music.
- Tend to or plant flowers and plants.
- Volunteer some of your free time to a good cause.
- Keep a journal.
- Correspond with others who are likeminded.
- Meditate using stones.
- Learn how to make your own medicine.
- Write new rituals.
- Experiment with different divination tools.
- Visit gardens and local parks. While there, try to clean up any litter you may see.
- Listen to and communicate with animals.
- Share your experiences, knowledge and wisdom with others.
- ALWAYS help someone in need.
See how simple it can be? Of course, when you rearrange your thinking patterns, this list can be expanded!